top of page

Entitlement to Weekly Indemnity Benefits

By: Emma Neynens, Associate Lawyer

If you were working at the time of your motor vehicle accident and the injuries you sustained in the accident cause a substantial inability to perform the essential duties of your employment for at least 7 days within 30 days of the date of the accident, you are eligible for loss of income benefits from your automobile insurer, “Section B”, up to a maximum of $250.00 per week. These accident benefits are no fault and are not subject to income tax.

If you were not working at the time of the accident, there are still other ways you can qualify for the Section B loss of income benefits, commonly known as weekly indemnity benefits:

  • If you were employed for any 6 months out of the 12 month preceding your accident;

  • If you were on a temporary layoff or leave of absence; or

  • If you had a contract of employment to start working after the date of accident.

The Mike Murphy Accident Team is available to help you with your claims against your own insurance company as well as against the third party insurer. The facts of every case are different and we take the time to ensure that you receive the benefits that you are entitled to. If you have any questions or would like to set up a free consultation, please give us a call.

44 views0 comments


bottom of page